Built in 1948, the Village Theatre is a very good and rare local example of the Streamline Moderne style. The Village Theatre is also significant for its association with architect Swinburne A. Kayll, best known for the Pump and Transformer Houses at the Esquimalt Graving Dock and the Salvation Army Grandview Citadel in Vancouver. In 1974, this building ceased to be the Qualicum Movie Theatre and became the Village Theatre.
Photo credits: The Qualicum Beach Museum Archives, and Rusty J. Joerin, Woodsgift Photography. View more of his work at woodsgift.zenfolio.com.