Find out more about our
Qualicum Beach History
Qualicum Beach was settled by the Europeans in the late 1800s. The first land title was granted to Thomas Kinkade in 1882.
Memorial Avenue 1909
Commercial growth occurred in a town-site near the railway rather than along the road, thus avoiding strip development and creating the attractive town we have today. Memorial Avenue 1940s Growth was slow in the early years as the land was cleared by logging and the creation of a subdivision by the Newcastle Land Company. The Village was formally incorporated in 1942.
|Last Name||First Name||Class Year||Photo|
|Domay||Ellis||1935||Qualicum Beach High School|
|Gault||Jerry||1935||Qualicum Beach High School|
|Morely||Arthur||1935||Qualicum Beach High School|
|Smith||Victor||1935||Qualicum Beach High School|
|Boorman||George||1935||Qualicum Beach High School|
|Weymer||Thatcher||1934||Qualicum Beach High School|
|Stewart||Miss||1934||Qualicum Beach High School|
|Mills||Joan||1934||Qualicum Beach High School|
|Cormack||Julia||1934||Qualicum Beach High School|
|Smith||Margaret||1934||Qualicum Beach High School|
Old School House
From its inception Qualicum Beach has had a strong sense of community led by active community groups and service clubs. Through their efforts we have first class amenities like the Civic Centre.
Old School House 1928
The Old School House [TOSH] is another example of the Community Spirit we have. This building was completely renovated and restored by volunteers.
Qualicum Train Station
This Station was built in 1913 and leased to the Town in 1988. It has been completely restored by a group of dedicated volunteers associated with the Museum. The Station now provides office space for community groups, a home for Weavers and Spinners and storage for the Town in the freight shed.
Qualicum Beach Museum
The Qualicum Beach Historical and Museum Society was formed in 1982 by Elizabeth Little and several friends. The Museum was given a home in the small power generating station shown here on the left.
Qualicum Beach Museum
After restoring the Power House as a Heritage building the society volunteers built the larger building shown on the right. They built this building using materials salvaged from a BC Hydro building that had been demolished in Port Alberni. The entire project was done by volunteers.
To learn more about Qualicum’s historical buildings, please view the Canadian Federal/Provincial/Territorial governments’ National Historic Register here: National Historic Register
Qualicum Beach Museum Contact Information
We Can't Wait to See You!
587 Beach Road Qualicum Beach, B.C. V9K 1K7