Qualicum Beach’s electricity was first generated in 1929 in the Power House building, which is currently located on the museum grounds. While the original diesel generators have long since been removed, a Vivian diesel generator similar to the one previously used is on display and serves as a reminder of the equipment used in Qualicum Beach until 1935. Also displayed is a carved model, which is a tribute to the electrical linesmen who maintained the hydro lines during the early days of power distribution in the area.
A new set of interactive stations are up and running! These will allow visitors to study the principles involved in electric power generation through the use of practical, “hands-on” devices.