General Money donated the land for a new church in 1926. With the help of volunteers, the land was cleared and the church was built in 16 weeks. It was opened on St. Barnabus Day by Bishop D. Schofield, and named St. Mark’s. At a later date, General Money donated the hedge around the property. In 1931, when there was a vacancy in the pulpit, Colenel Playfair (owner of the Sunset Inn) filled in until a new minister was appointed.
Photo credits: The Qualicum Beach Museum Archives, and Rusty J. Joerin, Woodsgift Photography. View more of his work at woodsgift.zenfolio.com.