The Links, then and now. The first photo was taken sometime in the 1930s, and the second was taken in 2016.
The Qualicum Beach Hotel opened in 1913. The golf course was created at the same time, while an outdoor swimming pool and tennis courts were later additions. This well known resort operated for 52 years and, until 1939, was managed by General Noel Money. The hotel went through a brief reincarnation as a convalescent home for veterans after WW1.
The resort was dismantled in 1969 to make room for houses.
Photo credits: The Qualicum Beach Museum Archives, and Rusty J. Joerin, Woodsgift Photography. View more of his work at woodsgift.zenfolio.com.