The second photo was taken sometime in the 1970s, and the third was taken in 2016.
Built in 1923 by Garth Morgan, who came to Qualicum about 1915 and was the Quartermaster for the Military Convalescent Hospital until 1919, when it reverted to the Qualicum Beach Hotel. In the early 1950’s, the hotel was sold and became the Qualicum Arms Hotel. It continued to operate as a hotel until 1979 when it was sold to John Lecky, a grandson of H.R. MacMillan, who converted it into a private home.
Photo credits: The Qualicum Beach Museum Archives, and Rusty J. Joerin, Woodsgift Photography. View more of his work at woodsgift.zenfolio.com.